Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez will return to pro-wrestling for AAA Lucha Libre in December.
The official announcement was made at the end of Heroes Inmortales XIV. As of writing, Velasquez’ match, and the name of the December event, have not been confirmed.
AAA shared the announcement on Twitter:
La sorpresas aún no terminan. 😎
— Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (@luchalibreaaa) October 10, 2021
Velasquez signed with WWE in October 2019, before challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at the October 31, 2019 Crown Jewel event.
He also teamed with Humberto Carillo to defeat Luke (Doc) Gallows & Karl Anderson at a November 2019 house show, in his only other WWE match. The former MMA star was quietly released by WWE in April 2020.
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- AEW Rampage Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Pat McAfee Challenges Happy Corbin To SummerSlam Match
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- Amanda Huber Shares Heartbreaking Story Behind An Infamous Brodie Lee Pic
- Viking Raiders Return As Heels With New Look On WWE SmackDown
- Lio Rush Provides Update On Shoulder Injury & Return Plans (Exclusive)
- Kenny Omega On Whether He Thought Forbidden Door Would Actually Happen
- AEW’s Jungle Boy Out With An Injury
- Rush Makes AEW Television Debut On Rampage