Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez will return to pro-wrestling for AAA Lucha Libre in December.
The official announcement was made at the end of Heroes Inmortales XIV. As of writing, Velasquez’ match, and the name of the December event, have not been confirmed.
AAA shared the announcement on Twitter:
La sorpresas aún no terminan. ?
— Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (@luchalibreaaa) October 10, 2021
Velasquez signed with WWE in October 2019, before challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at the October 31, 2019 Crown Jewel event.
He also teamed with Humberto Carillo to defeat Luke (Doc) Gallows & Karl Anderson at a November 2019 house show, in his only other WWE match. The former MMA star was quietly released by WWE in April 2020.
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- Confirmed Schedule Errors For AEW Dynamite Head-To-Head With WWE NXT
- ‘Edge’ Name Mentioned During Adam Copeland First Ever AEW Dynamite Appearance
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- Last-Minute Change To AEW Dynamite Match
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut