One of the major downsides of professional wrestlers being more open on social media is the inevitable rise of threats and hate posted from anonymous users.
WWE star Carmella took to her social media today, sharing an unfiltered selfie of herself without makeup, along with a motivational caption aimed at stomping out online hate.
“It’s been a while since I’ve posted a no makeup, non-filtered selfie. Do I love getting dressed up and having my hair and makeup done? Yes! But a majority of my time is spent in sweats with no makeup on my face and my hair in a bun..that’s MY reality most of the time. So I need to do better with being real with you all on here. To be completely honest, being on Instagram and Twitter recently has been hard. The hate and the threats are at an all time high, it’s quite disturbing actually. I usually just try to post and leave it alone, but it’s hard to NOT read the negativity sometimes. Y’all can be so cruel. Luckily, I know who I am. I’m not going to let you get to me. I just wanted to post this as a friendly reminder not to believe everything you read and see on the internet. Do you, for you. (peace emoji)”
— The Most Beautiful Woman in all of WWE (@CarmellaWWE) October 11, 2021
Carmella recently defeated Liv Morgan in the first round of the WWE Queens Crown tournament, a decision which was met with a lot of criticism from WWE fans, and a match that Liv Morgan was originally slated to win.
- Naomi Removes WWE References From Twitter Bio
- Joey Janela Sets Foot On Fire In Horrifying GCW Botch (Video)
- CM Punk Trends Following Polarising Message To WWE Locker Room
- Paul Wight Reveals Impressive Move He Was Told Never To Perform In Ring Again
- Jon Moxley Set To Reunite Former Tag Team At Independent Show
- Video: NWA Stars Kamille & Thom Latimer Get Married
- Britt Baker Makes Surprise Appearance At AIW Gauntlet For The Gold
- William Regal Details His Reaction To NXT 2.0 Reboot
- Sting Files New Trademark For Iconic Nickname
- Tony Khan Reacts To Johnny Elite’s AEW Debut