Charlotte Flair has been off WWE TV since losing the SmackDown Women’s Championship in an “I Quit” match against Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania Backlash.
During her time away, Charlotte has married AEW star Andrade El Idolo, but it appears her holiday is soon to end, as Dave Meltzer is reporting in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that she is ready to return, possibly as soon as SummerSlam at the end of July.
While it wasn’t a report, Dave also speculated Charlotte could return to interfere in a rematch between new SmackDown Women’s Champion Liv Morgan, and Ronda Rousey, who dropped the belt to Morgan at Money in the Bank when Liv cashed in her briefcase.
While not teased on Raw, the Morgan win over Rousey was designed to set up a rematch at SummerSlam. Charlotte Flair should be ready to return so that could be her costing one or the other that match.
This report will likely feed into the theory that Liv is a placeholder champion, and that Charlotte or Ronda will be winning the title back as soon as WWE can get the belt off of Morgan.
Charlotte vs. Ronda Rousey at every single Premium Live Event for the next year?
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown