The Christmas Eve episode of Raw drew an abysmal all-time low of 1.775 million viewers, but that was countered by SmackDown Live which drew 1.904 million on Christmas night.
This is a dip from the 2.214 million a week prior, but that was to be expected due to a number of factors.
Most notably, it was Christmas night, so people were busy playing with their brand new Drew Gulak action figures, and the show was pre-taped a week in advance so spoilers had been available.
In results from the show, the Good Brothers and the Usos defeated the Bar and SAnitY in an eight-man tag match, Mustafa Ali defeated Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas, Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe fought to a double countout when both men went berserk on each other, and Rusev defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to win the US Title in the main event.
Next week’s New Year’s Day show will also be pre-taped, but it has been confirmed that John Cena will be making his SmackDown Live return on the show.
What did you make of SmackDown Live this week? Let us know in the comments, on Twitter, or on Discord!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed