Not only has Tommaso Ciampa’s name been shortened to just ‘Ciampa’, the former NXT Champion turned heel on Monday’s (April 25) edition of WWE Raw.
Following Mustafa Ali’s victory over The Miz, Ciampa ambushed the returning star on the stage. Ciampa dropped Ali with a single forearm, and stood over him until the camera cut to a backstage segment.
In an odd move, WWE did not include this attack in the Mustafa Ali vs The Miz YouTube video, with this clip instead ending with Ali celebrating on the ramp.
This comes after a report that more heel and face turns are expected to happen on WWE TV in the coming weeks, as Vince McMahon was of the mindset that several stars were ‘miscast’.
Ciampa has officially been part of the Raw roster since the April 11 show, with the popular star making regular appearances for the Red Brand in the month prior.
Over a dozen WWE stars have had their names changed this year already. Vince McMahon has reportedly issued a backstage memo noting that, bar a few exceptions, he doesn’t want WWE stars using their real names, or ring names they had prior to their time in WWE.
Stay up to date with every WWE name change of 2022 using our tracker right here.
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Here’s Everyone Chris Jericho Could Face For The ROH Title
- The Good Brothers Are ‘Always Going To Listen’ To WWE Return Offers