Not only has Tommaso Ciampa’s name been shortened to just ‘Ciampa’, the former NXT Champion turned heel on Monday’s (April 25) edition of WWE Raw.
Following Mustafa Ali’s victory over The Miz, Ciampa ambushed the returning star on the stage. Ciampa dropped Ali with a single forearm, and stood over him until the camera cut to a backstage segment.
In an odd move, WWE did not include this attack in the Mustafa Ali vs The Miz YouTube video, with this clip instead ending with Ali celebrating on the ramp.
This comes after a report that more heel and face turns are expected to happen on WWE TV in the coming weeks, as Vince McMahon was of the mindset that several stars were ‘miscast’.
Ciampa has officially been part of the Raw roster since the April 11 show, with the popular star making regular appearances for the Red Brand in the month prior.
Over a dozen WWE stars have had their names changed this year already. Vince McMahon has reportedly issued a backstage memo noting that, bar a few exceptions, he doesn’t want WWE stars using their real names, or ring names they had prior to their time in WWE.
Stay up to date with every WWE name change of 2022 using our tracker right here.
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- EXCLUSIVE – Claudio Castagnoli Addresses CM Punk Joining WWE, Adam Copeland Joining AEW & More
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- Top WWE Star Teases First Ever Match With CM Punk
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- WWE Raw Ratings Following CM Punk Return Revealed