CM Punk took on AEW World Champion Jon Moxley in the main event of All Out in Chicago last weekend, with him coming out on top in the match, becoming a two-time AEW World Champion.
The match did not go off without a hitch however, as Punk suffered a torn tricep in the match following a tope to the outside.
The imjury will likely keep Punk out for an extended period of time, this coming just off the back of Punk’s return from his previous foot injury that he suffered back in June.
Dave Meltzer provided an update on Punk’s injury in the Wrestling Observer Daily update last night, noting that Punk has undergone surgery for the injury, with an eight month recovery period expected for Punk.
CM Punk underwent surgery earlier this week for the torn left triceps he suffered when doing the tope early in the Jon Moxley match. That is usually about an eight month recovery period His doctor recommended surgery right away to prevent any muscle atrophy.
Punk’s status in AEW has been a talking point recently following the backstage fight at the AEW All Out media scrum which led to the Elite being suspended, and the AEW Trios Championship and AEW World Championship being vacated.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- Nature Of Mickie James Injury Revealed
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed