Despite being eliminated in the first round, one of the breakout stars of the Women’s Eliminator Tournament was Maki Itoh. The former pop star wowed fans with her performance before and during her match. This has led to many fans hoping she is used on AEW Dynamite when the pandemic ends.
During the AEW Revolution media call, Cody Rhodes spoke highly of Itoh and said he hopes to see more of her. He also mentioned that he expects to see her back. Here is the quote, courtesy of Sean Ross Sapp:
“Cody Rhodes speaks highly of Maki Itoh, and hopes to see more of her. He loves seeing people like Itoh who connect with the fans, and that’s why you see people like her pop up in AEW. Tells Cassidy Haynes there have been conversations on his end and expected to see her back.”
Maki Itoh was unable to defeat Ryo Mizunami in her first-round match as Mizunami would go on to win the Japanese bracket. Since then, Itoh has wrestled a six-person tag team match for AEW, teaming with Veny and Emi Sakura in a losing effort against Hikaru Shida, Mei Sagura and Rin Kadokura.
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?