Cody Rhodes has recalled being excited to meet the top WWE star upon his return to the company.
Rhodes’ match with Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 38 was the first time he had competed in a WWE ring since May 2016. In that time, the landscape of WWE has completely changed, with many stars establishing themselves on the main roster in Rhodes’ absence.
Speaking on Busted Open Radio, Rhodes revealed that he was most excited to meet Bianca Belair after signing with WWE. Noting that he’s a huge fan of her work, Rhodes said:
“The person I was most excited to meet was Bianca Belair. I got to meet her when she had just come back from tearing the joint down and I was underneath the stage. I could hear it all. You’re always happy when you can hear a hot crowd and they set up such a brilliant crowd and put us in a difficult position to follow.
“She was a total queen when I met her and to be able to be one of the first people to say congratulations, even though I’m brand new, that was nice. I was a big fan of having watched her last year and what she did with Sasha (Banks). Big fan. She was one I was very excited to meet.”
Belair made her first NXT TV appearance in June 2016, the month after Rhodes requested his release from WWE. The EST defeated Becky Lynch for the Raw Women’s Championship one match before Rhodes’ surprise return on WrestleMania 38 Saturday.
Rhodes will face Seth Rollins in a rematch at WrestleMania Backlash. You can view the current card for the show right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
- WWE Star Injured Indefinitely, Pulled From Big Match
- New WWE Faction Member Revealed
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement
- WWE Star Debuts With New Ring Name
- Insane Cody Rhodes WWE Record Revealed
- Interesting Cody Rhodes WWE Raw Detail Revealed
- WWE Star Replaced By CM Punk
- Potential Big Change To WWE Event Schedule Revealed
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- Chris Jericho Addresses CM Punk’s WWE Return