AEW star Darby Allin has spoken about a recent injury sustained by WWE Hall of Famer and current mentor and partner, Sting.
Sting and Allin have wrestled together almost since the Icon joined AEW at the company’s Winter Is Coming event in December 2020.
Most recently the two paired with the Great Muta as part of the latter’s retirement tour, where they defeated AKIRA, Hakushi & Naomichi Marufuji in a trios match.
However, according to Allin, the match may have not involved Sting at all after a recently-sustained injury.
Appearing on Hawk Vs Wolf, Allin spoke about how Sting suffered an injury in the 2022 Grand Slam match on a September episode of AEW Rampage:
“In the middle of the match, his knee dislocated and I just hear him screaming. He’s trying to put it like, back in place and it’s like, locked up … It was insane like how he just finished the match. [I thought to myself] Sting don’t scream. So when I, I heard him go [scream], and I was like, ‘Holy s***. This is for real.'”
To stay up to date with all the latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of WrestlingInc.
- Former WWE Name Makes AEW Debut
- Cody Rhodes On What Sami Zayn Said To Him Before Royal Rumble
- Jey Uso Teases Leaving The Bloodline & Another Match With Roman Reigns
- Young Bucks React To Cody Rhodes Elite Homage At Royal Rumble
- Report: Pat McAfee Royal Rumble Return Was A Legitimate Surprise
- WWE Hall Of Famer Believes Seth Rollins Should Be Where Roman Reigns Is
- Backstage Praise For Several Stars After WWE Royal Rumble
- Cody Rhodes Apologizes For Injury, Opens Up About WWE Return
- WWE & AEW Stars Take Part In 10-Bell Salute At Jay Briscoe Funeral
- Sami Zayn Vs. Roman Reigns Plans Revealed After Royal Rumble