Darby Allin has discussed his relationship with Sting, teasing a dream tag team match against Ric Flair and Andrade El Idolo.
At Triplemania XXIX, Ric Flair made a surprise appearance for AAA, walking Andrade to the ring for his match with Kenny Omega.
Speaking with Metro, Allin recalled his first interactions with Sting. Open to working with Andrade and Flair in the ring, Allin said:
“The first night he debuted, I went in his locker room and we start talking and stuff like that. I was showing him more videos of the stuff that I do, my promos and stuff like that, and he got to see my creative side out of the ring. He’s the guy I really hang out with backstage.
“His dressing room, he’s got his own little private dressing room and he says it’s mine. He likes to be put to work, he wants to be part of the show. He doesn’t wanna just sit there and collect the cheque. He wants to have things to do, so it’s real cool to be a part of that.
(When asked about a potential match with Flair & Andrade) “Yeah, that’d be fun! Anything is possible, I feel. You’ve just gotta be patient and see what goes down, and where the wind takes you.”
Interestingly, Ric Flair’s last official match was against Sting for IMPACT Wrestling in 2011.
Allin and Sting teamed up at Revolution in March, and Double or Nothing in May. The duo will compete in a Texas Tornado match against 2.0 on tonight’s (August 18) episode of AEW Dynamite.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan