A new date for an “international live event” may have been revealed if reports of “chatter” backstage at last night’s WWE Raw are to be believed.
According to WrestleVotes on Twitter, talk at Raw last night was that there’s an “international live event” planned for either Thursday, January 18, or Friday, January 19, 2023.
The country was said to be “TBD”, and there’s no word on if the event would be for TV or a Premium Live Event.
If it does go ahead on either of those dates, it would be either nine or 10 days before the 2023 Royal Rumble, which is set for January 28.
WWE of course visited the UK for a successful big event this year in the form of Clash at the Castle, as well as the now-traditional trips to Saudi Arabia, most recently 10 days ago for Crown Jewel.
There have also been plenty of international tours for non-televised house shows in the likes of Europe and Mexico.
We’ll keep you updated if there are any more details on the specifics of what was being discussed.
I’m told there was chatter last night backstage at RAW of an “international live event” taking place on Wed January 18th or Thurs Jan 19th. With location still TBD. No word on if this event is for TV or not.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) November 15, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Tony Khan Reveals Real Reason William Regal Wanted WWE Return
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth
- Audible Called For Recent WWE Title Match To Finish Early
- AEW Star Believes Recent Backlash Wouldn’t Happen If She Was A Man
- Another WWE Star Undergoing Huge Character Change?
- New Bloodline Member Joins Booker T’s Training School
- AEW’s Jim Ross Addresses William Regal’s Apparent Departure
- Tony Khan Says William Regal Can’t Appear On-Screen For WWE When He Returns
- CM Punk Teasing WWE Return?
- Saraya Reveals Backstage Reaction To William Regal AEW Departure