Viewers of this week’s AEW Dynamite will have likely heard about Darby Allin’s recent incident in New York City from the 6th April.
During the night’s opener between Darby and Swerve Strickland, commentary noted that Darby had in fact been involved in an incident in New York City that saw him struck by a car while he was skateboarding.
Whilst it adds to his risk-taker image, the news was quite alarming for fans, especially considering Darby was not only competing on this week’s Dynamite but was also according to commentary able to wrestle the very next day as well.
Now, writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer would reveal further details on Darby and his health following the incident.
“Darby Allin was skateboarding in New York on 4/6 when he was hit by a car. He actually wrestled the next day.”
“He had road rash on his back and his side but evidently nothing worse than that, which made him very lucky.”
Darby is currently embroiled in his first PPV World Title program alongside the other pillars of AEW, ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry, Sammy Guevara and AEW World Champion MJF.
Whilst not confirmed as of yet, it is expected by fans to lead to a four-way for the title at the AEW Double or Nothing PPV on May 28.
This week’s Dynamite also saw the return of Darby’s mentor Sting, who had some choice words for MJF, you can find out more here.
I can never just sit there since God is not a loser… 💯🤞🏾
🔺🙏🏾🔻 #TheMogalEmbassy pic.twitter.com/3j8pGDU8Dq
— Prince Nana (@PrinceKingNana) April 14, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event