UPDATE: The latest update on this story can be found at this link.
Details have emerged on a backstage argument between top WWE stars that took place following the conclusion of last night’s (July 10) WWE Raw show.
The main event of the show saw Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn take on Finn Balor, Damian Priest & Dominik Mysterio, with the Judgment Day picking up the win.
However, the match didn’t go as those involved had hoped, and that reportedly led to a backstage argument after the show.
Per PWInsider, the argument involved members of the main event, with the brunt of the issue being how the match went, with some spots allegedly not going as initially planned and were ‘clunky’, with two WWE sources placing blame on the fact that aspects of the bout were changed ‘at the literal last second’.
One source placed the blame on one talent in particular, but did not want to name them to ‘not make the internet go insane’.
PWInsider notes that, after Finn Balor pinned Sami Zayn and everyone returned backstage, an argument began due to the frustration of how the match went, but it was never in danger of getting physical.
The situation eventually petered out, but PWInsider was told that many involved weren’t happy with the situation.
The incident was seen as ‘one of those nights’ where things just didn’t click, and with so many people involved who care about their job and performances, emotions were high because of those frustrations.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Last Minute Change To AEW Collision