With reports surfacing earlier in the week about Vince McMahon having little interest in pushing Finn Balor, many were left to wonder if there was any plan for Balor from a creative standpoint.
If a report from Ringside News is to be believed, there is no plan for Finn Balor but also no plan to release him either as the company hopes to prevent him from going to AEW.
According to the report, the source within WWE creative said:
“Vince never had faith in Balor. To him, Balor is a high spot guy that doesn’t sell in a way that means box office. He sells, then he’s doing a spot, and Vince just thinks he’s filler on the roster.
According to the same source, the likelihood of Finn Balor being released is also slim because although his contract isn’t low cost, “even if he’s making a million a year, that’s not a lot of money by today’s standards.”
The source said there was an awareness that “AEW would bend over backward” for Finn Balor so the goal would be to prevent another defection but also went on to add that “virtually nobody is off the table” when it comes to determining what stars will be released.
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Update On Another Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match