Shawn Michaels has provided an update on Dijak, following his injury at the NXT Vengeance Day 2023 special.
During the February 4 show, Dijak challenged for Wes Lee’s NXT North American Championship in singles action.
During his losing effort, Dijak appeared to suffer a broken finger, which had been bent out of shape.
Per Shawn Michaels in the post-show press conference, the finger surprisingly wasn’t broken.
Calling the situation a ‘modern miracle’, Michaels said:
“Yeah, everybody is good. I announced it at gorilla, it got to be a miracle. It’s not broken.
“We got him x-ray. They said it’s not broken. And so yeah, I guess what you do is you kind of numb it and put it back in place and that’s what’s happening now.
“But it is, again, a modern miracle because we all saw it, it was pretty gnarly looking. But apparently, he’s going to be okay, which is obviously fantastic news for us and him.”
The Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative also addressed a big NXT forbidden door rumor, which you can read about right here.
Dijak has shared a photo of his finger following the grisly injury, which you can find at this link.
Transcription via SEScoops.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn