AEW Dynamite has made the move from TNT to TBS for two weeks now, however it seems the move may be paying off in some target demographics.
While this week’s overall viewership figures were slightly down to 969,000 viewers, from the 1.010 million viewers who tuned for the debut it was notable that Dynamite is running comparatively similar to WWE’s flagship Raw and even pulling a bit ahead in some demographics.
According to Brandon Thurston from Wrestlenomics on Twitter, Dynamite bested this week’s episode of WWE Raw among males 18-49, males 18-34, males 35-49, and people 18-34.
Dynamite’s 0.39 rating in the vital 18-49 demographic was also equal to Raw’s from this past Monday.
This comparison was also noted by Dave Meltzer on Twitter, who wrote:
“AEW did the same .39 as WWE did on Monday. WWE’s was 507K and AEW’s was 505K. WWE was against tougher competition. AEW was week two on a new station. That number was much better than that show would have done on TNT so looks like the move long-term is a strong positive.”
While Raw hosted the main event of Bianca Belair vs Doudrop vs Liv Morgan to determine the number one contender for Becky Lynch’s WWE Raw Women’s Championship, AEW Dynamite saw Sammy Guevara defend his interim TNT Championship against Daniel Garcia with the recently returned Chris Jericho at ringside.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed