Former WWE star AJ Lee (AJ Mendez) has found herself rather busy in recent years following her WWE departure in 2015.
Mendez took her first steps into the Hollywood world last year, when she helped co-write the Netflix original movie ‘Blade of the 47 Ronin’.
Now, AJ is set to appear on screen in an upcoming comedy movie with some big Hollywood names.
Per Deadline, Mendez has joined the cast for the upcoming road-trip comedy ‘Sacramento’ alongside Kristen Stewart, Michael Cera and Michael Angarano, who is set to direct the feature.
The plot synopsis for the movie is as followed:
Pic follows Rickey (Angarano), an energetic and free-spirited young man, and Glenn (Cera), his long-time friend who’s settled into domestic life. On an impromptu road trip from Los Angeles to Sacramento, their past comes into focus and questions their future. Erskine will play Rickey’s wife, Tallie, and Stewart is Glenn’s wife, Rosie.
Mendez and Iman Karram are set to play best friends and former pro fighters who help teach Rickey and Glenn about their own relationship.
The movie is set to begin shooting in the Spring.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed