Former WWE star Candice Michelle has said that she doesn’t expect to make her return to the company at the upcoming Royal Rumble.
Michelle was originally a contestant in the 2004 Raw Diva’s search, and while she did not win she was hired by the company later that year.
She is a one-time WWE Women’s Champion, capturing the title in 2007.
Speaking in an interview with WrestlingNewsCo, Michelle was asked whether or not she would be making her return in the 2023 Women’s Royal Rumble:
“I wish I was going. Every year, people are always like, ‘How come you’re not there? Why are you not in this?’ One year, they mentioned I was there but never called me. It just hasn’t been my time.
“So I’m open for it, I’m looking forward to the year when it’s my time, and I don’t think this year’s my time either, but you never know. WWE likes to call you the day before and say, ‘By the way, can you come down tomorrow? ‘ So I’m not planning on being there this year, but I’ll watch and support, and hopefully one of these years, it’s my time to be there.”
The Royal Rumble will take place this Saturday, January 28 in San Antonia, Texas.
Transcription courtesy of Fightful.
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Mom Involved In Car Crash
- SmackDown Star Revealed As Maximum Male Models’ Stylist
- Triple H Says It’s ‘Great’ Having Vince McMahon Back
- ‘Locked In’ John Cena Match For WrestleMania 39 Confirmed
- WWE Announces Record Profits For 2022 In Fourth Quarter & Full Year Earnings
- Potential Buyer Surprisingly Ruled Out Of Purchasing WWE?
- Nick Khan Says Vince McMahon Will Step Down Following WWE Sale If It Benefits The Shareholders
- Real Reason Edge Vs. Finn Balor Was Pulled From Royal Rumble
- Batista Comments On Triple H Leading WWE Creative
- WWE Star Responds To Bella Twins’ Criticism Of Raw 30