When Triple H took over as the head of WWE creative, many former WWE stars made their way back to the company, such as Karrion Kross, Johnny Gargano and Chelsea Green.
Another pair of former stars believed to have had interest in a potential return are Akam and Rezar, the Authors of Pain.
Fightful reported that WWE had interest in bringing the pair back months ago, but there may be more to the story than just that.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), sources told Fightful months after the original report that AOP have been under contract to WWE since 2022, though Fightful haven’t confirmed if that’s the case or not.
Specifically, Fightful were told that it ‘was before Vince McMahon came back, because that put a halt on all signings besides new recruits’.
AOP were listed on an internal travel list back in May.
The pair have not wrestled a match at all since their 2020 WWE release, though originally planned on some WES shows in Europe last year, which didn’t go as planned.
Those that Fightful spoke to said that AOP made sure that Paul Ellering was heavily involved in the negotiations.
In addition to Fightful’s report, PWInsider Elite noted that the pair would ‘most likely’ be returning to the NXT brand.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- New Update On Potential Edge AEW Debut Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Bryan Danielson Discusses Edge Potentially Joining AEW Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Update On Canceled TV Series Featuring CM Punk
- Jon Moxley Pushing For AEW To Sign Top Free Agent
- Spoiler On Former WWE Star’s ROH Debut