FTR (Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood) are paying tribute to some big losses in the wrestling world today at AEW All In at London’s Wembley Stadium.
For their match against the Young Bucks today, Wheeler and Harwood wore black armbands emblazoned with the names “JAY”, “BRODIE” and “BRAY”.
Jay Briscoe, real name Jamin Pugh, passed away in a car accident in January 2023.
Brodie Lee, real name Jon Huber, and previously known as Luke Harper in WWE, passed away in December 2020.
And sadly the wrestling world lost Bray Wyatt, real name Windham Rotunda, just days ago after he suffered a heart attack.
WWE has added the following note to the item descriptions for Wyatt merch on the WWE Shop website:
In the wake of Bray Wyatt’s death, WWE will donate all net proceeds to support JoJo Offerman and his children.
You can find said merch at this link.
On Thursday, August 24, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful reported:
I was given permission to reveal that earlier this year Windham Rotunda (Bray Wyatt) got COVID that exacerbated a heart issues.
There was a lot of positive progress towards a return and his recovery. Unfortunately today he suffered a heart attack and passed away.
Our thoughts and condolences continue to be with the families, friends, and everyone affected by the passings of Windham Rotunda, Jon Huber, and Jamin Pugh.
The match against the Bucks tonight was won by FTR, retaining the AEW World Tag Team Championship.
After the match, they went to shake the Bucks’ hands, but the Bucks walked away.
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT
- Late Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Injury Concerns Revealed