It appears we may know the identity of AEW’s next big signing following last night’s (September 28) episode of AEW Dynamite.
The main even saw newly crowned ROH World Champion Chris Jericho take on former champion Bandido, and while Jericho ultimately won the match with a thumb to the eye and a Liontamer, it’s the aftermath that has people talking.
As you can see in the below video, Bandido was given a huge ovation by the crowd, and AEW President Tony Khan would come out after the match and raise Bandido’s hand before hugging him.
This has led to a lot of speculation that Bandido is about to sign with AEW, if he hasn’t already. This kind of endorsement from Tony Khan is pretty unusual, so it would be surprising if we don’t get a “Bandido is All Elite” picture on Twitter soon.
— Michael (@mikeVSphilly) September 29, 2022
Bandido has spent a lot of the past 10 years on the independent circuit, but signed with ROH in 2018, where he was a one-time world champion.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars