WWE Hall of Famer and NXT commentator Booker T has expressed his admiration for the upcoming return of former AEW star Cody Rhodes.
Rhodes has been absent from the company since the 2022 Hell In A Cell premium live event, when he injured his pectoral muscle shortly before the show was due to begin.
Despite going ahead with him main event match against Seth Rollins regardless of the injury, Rhodes has remained absent from WWE.
Recently, WWE confirmed that Rhodes would be taking part in this Saturday’s (January 28) Royal Rumble event, to be held in the Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas.
Many have criticised WWE for the move, saying that advertising big returns in advance detracts from the enjoyment of the Rumble, which often sees a number of surprise appearances from former legends.
One such legend, Booker T, disagreed with this assessment on an episode of his Hall Of Fame podcast:
“Whether he’s 100% or not, that’s one thing about this business — you’re never going to be 100%.
“To see him come back is a testament. It’s a testament to his will.
“So, let’s see what Cody, “The American Nightmare,” has. I’m looking forward to it.”
To stay up with all the latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of WrestlingInc.
- Jerry Lawler Hospitalized After Medical Episode
- WWE Hall Of Famer Announces In-Ring Retirement
- Dustin Rhodes To Join Cody Rhodes At WrestleMania 39?
- Shocking WWE Tag Team Split
- WWE Announces Date & Location For SummerSlam 2023
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’
- NXT Star References Recent Twitter Beef With Main Roster WWE Star On TV
- NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez Announces Mystery Partner Is…
- AEW Star Calls Tony Khan ‘The Best Boss I’ve Ever Worked For’
- WWE Raw Viewership & Demo Rating Decrease For February 6 Episode