Riho is set to take on AEW Women’s Champion Britt Baker on tonight’s (November 26) episode of AEW Rampage, where she will receive a championship opportunity if she can defeat the doctor.
AEW made the match on Wednesday’s Dynamite show, when footage of the Casino Battle Royal from All Out was shown, which saw Riho be eliminated from the match despite not going over the top rope.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided more information on how this match came about. Fightful notes that Riho was said to be ‘disappointed and emotional’ when she was announced as eliminated despite not going over the top rope.
Fightful notes that they hadn’t heard of any backstage heat on anyone over the mistake, but it has turned out to be a ‘happy accident’, as AEW has used it to set up the match on tonight’s Rampage.
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite