It was revealed last night that tonight’s WWE NXT would see a change in format, and now, the hosts for the special edition of the show have been announced.
WWE has confirmed that former NXT and current Raw lead announcer Tom Phillips will host alongside NXT founder, creator and overlord Triple H.
From what WWE has said, tonight’s NXT will not feature any live wrestling from the Performance Center, and will instead consist of video packages, wrestler profiles, promos, and other non-wrestling things.
With the news that NXT TakeOver Tampa is completely off, NXT is in an awkward position now, and perhaps a week break to catch its breath and assess the situation will be beneficial.
Last week’s NXT did take place in the Performance Center, but that was in front of a crowd, and only because Full Sail was being used, not because of coronavirus.
The show saw Keith Lee retain his NA Title over Cameron Grimes, the Broserweights retain the NXT Tag Titles over Undisputed ERA, and Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa tear the place apart in a massive brawl.
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss