The House of Black have been one of the more popular factions in AEW since their formation earlier this year, but the future of the group may now be up in the air.
The group, consisting of Malakai Black, Brody King, Buddy Matthews and Julia Hart, were defeated by the trio of Miro, Sting and Darby Allin at All Out, with Malakai taking the pinfall loss in the match, before he blew kisses to the crowd.
This loss came just days after it was reported that Black had asked for his release from the company, with him reportedly being granted his conditional release last week.
Buddy Matthews and Brody King remained a duo following the rumours, and it appears as though the stable will stay together following their leader’s departure.
Per the USPTO, AEW filed to trademark the term ‘House of Black’ on September 8, so the group will remain a property of All Elite Wrestling going forward, and would prevent Malakai from using the name in other wrestling promotions.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- Jade Cargill Shares Pitch For Bianca Belair WWE Match