Speaking on the latest episode of his What Happened When podcast, AEW announcer Tony Schiavone explained how the roster was informed that Brodie Lee had tragically passed away on Saturday (December 26).
Schiavone explained that all talent were called to a company-wide Zoom call where they were informed that Brodie Lee (real name Jon Huber) had unfortunately passed away. Here’s the full quote, courtesy of WrestlingNews.co:
“I think everybody did a great job keeping it close to the vest as the old cliché goes. We all knew it didn’t look good but we were all hoping he would kick out. The day that he passed away, we received an email that we were going to have a company wide zoom call in 30 minutes and I knew that if we were going to have a zoom call that quickly, something was bad. So, they told us about that.”
During the same show, Tony Schiavone also explained that AEW had signed Jonathan Huber’s son Brodie to a contract. The 8-year-old will now join AEW when he is older in what is a fantastic touch by the company.
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Comments On Wife Beth Phoenix Potentially Joining Him In AEW
- Why Edge (Adam Copeland) Can Use ‘Metalingus’ WWE Theme In AEW
- Clarification On Bryan Danielson AEW Collision Role
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship