Speaking on the latest episode of his What Happened When podcast, AEW announcer Tony Schiavone explained how the roster was informed that Brodie Lee had tragically passed away on Saturday (December 26).
Schiavone explained that all talent were called to a company-wide Zoom call where they were informed that Brodie Lee (real name Jon Huber) had unfortunately passed away. Here’s the full quote, courtesy of WrestlingNews.co:
“I think everybody did a great job keeping it close to the vest as the old cliché goes. We all knew it didn’t look good but we were all hoping he would kick out. The day that he passed away, we received an email that we were going to have a company wide zoom call in 30 minutes and I knew that if we were going to have a zoom call that quickly, something was bad. So, they told us about that.”
During the same show, Tony Schiavone also explained that AEW had signed Jonathan Huber’s son Brodie to a contract. The 8-year-old will now join AEW when he is older in what is a fantastic touch by the company.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Here’s Why Jake Roberts Has Been Off AEW TV