Former NXT star Jake Atlas made his AEW debut in January of this year, when he took on Adam Cole on a taped episode of AEW Rampage.
It was later confirmed that Atlas had torn his ACL in the match, which would be looking at around a nine month recovery period.
Atlas was a recent guest on the Highspots Wrestling Network’s Sign It Live, where he spoke about learning of his injury, and how he is hoping to make a ‘miracle happen’.
“I didn’t know it that night. I didn’t know until probably a couple of days after when I flew home, but, definitely couldn’t walk. The athletic trainers were taking a look at me. Just, they were kind of hopeful and I was positive. I was trying to be positive as well. But when the match aired and I saw it for myself, you know, I was like, ‘okay, this is something that is a little bit off,’ and then got the MRI done, and unfortunately, it was a torn ACL. So that is quite a bit of a recovery time, as a lot of people know. Yeah, yeah, it’s like nine months. I’m trying my best to work, see if I can make a miracle happen.”
For a full list of AEW stars currently out of action with injury, click here.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed