You used to really have to live your gimmick in pro wrestling. In the case of WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts, it meant sharing hotel rooms with his trademarked snake.
In a recent interview with Inside the Ropes, Roberts recalled times he spent in hotel rooms with the snake and getting bit by the animal. Here is the quote:
“You can’t really get used to them, you know, they don’t have much of a personality, you know. They really give you a hard time, in a hotel room, they really didn’t like hotel rooms. They destroy rooms.”
“I played chicken with the cobra because I knew that I could beat it, you know. The only time it got me was when the phone would ring or something and I’d forget what I was doing, turn my attention to the phone and then he would get me, but he doesn’t have fangs, he has teeth, so it didn’t really hurt that bad – so it was fun, man.”
Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2014. He has since debuted for All Elite Wrestling where he currently manages Lance Archer.
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- MJF Files New Trademark Relating To Infamous WWE Term
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- Tony Khan Responds To Criticism Of AEW’s Introduction Of New Wrestlers
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Big News About Future NXT Premium Live Events