Speaking on his Grillin’ JR podcast, All Elite Wrestling (AEW) lead commentator Jim Ross has claimed that the referees within the promotion are being “abused”.
On his podcast, the WWE Hall of Famer really put over the AEW officials and claimed that they are being unfairly picked on. He also revealed some of the advice that he has given the referees:
“I think the referees are being abused. You know we’ve got nice people refereeing in AEW. Good, hardworking. I get on their ass sometimes, but they all know I mean well by it, and they know that I’m the only who’s gone to try and help them with their work in the ring. They appreciate that. It doesn’t mean that I’m right.
“Here’s an example I was telling refs the other day, you know when you back someone into the corner, when a guy has someone in the turnbuckle, and you’ve got another opponent, his opponent is standing in front of them. You’ve got to break, they need to be broken [up], where do you stand? You stand on the left of the person you’re behind. You know why you do that? Because most of them are right-handed and you wanna be out of the line of fire and not with an elbow in your teeth.”
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
Thanks to Ringside News for the quote.
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut