WWE star Jinder Mahal has discussed the reaction of Vince McMahon when he won the WWE Championship in 2017.
At Backlash 2017, Jinder Mahal pinned Randy Orton to become WWE Champion. Mahal held the title for 170 days until he was defeated by AJ Styles in November of the same year.
Speaking with Sportskeeda Wrestling, Mahal noted that he received “big hugs” from the WWE chairman after his upset victory. Also stating that Triple H had his back, Mahal said:
“(Vince McMahon) gave me a big hug (laughs). Honestly, it was like a big blur, but I have pictures of it. That’s how I know it happened. He gave me a big hug. Triple H was very supportive. He gave me a big hug. Randy! It wasn’t like a long conversation or anything like that. It was just, ‘I’m proud of you.’ Got a big hug, and then it was go-time from there.”
At SummerSlam, Mahal was pinned by Drew McIntyre. Mahal and McIntyre’s rivalry reached boiling point at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view last month, when Mahal took McIntyre out, during the ladder match.
Ahead of his match at The Biggest Party of the Summer, Mahal responded to criticisms of his WWE Championship reign, comparing his title run with McIntyre’s.
Transcription via Sportskeeda Wrestling.
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Jade Cargill Sends Message To WWE Roster During Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- Another Advertised WWE Raw Match Cancelled?
- USA Network Spoils Upcoming WWE Debut
- WWE Star Returns On Raw After Five Months Away
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Corey Graves Shows Off New Bray Wyatt Tribute Tattoo (Photo)