WWE star Jinder Mahal has discussed the reaction of Vince McMahon when he won the WWE Championship in 2017.
At Backlash 2017, Jinder Mahal pinned Randy Orton to become WWE Champion. Mahal held the title for 170 days until he was defeated by AJ Styles in November of the same year.
Speaking with Sportskeeda Wrestling, Mahal noted that he received “big hugs” from the WWE chairman after his upset victory. Also stating that Triple H had his back, Mahal said:
“(Vince McMahon) gave me a big hug (laughs). Honestly, it was like a big blur, but I have pictures of it. That’s how I know it happened. He gave me a big hug. Triple H was very supportive. He gave me a big hug. Randy! It wasn’t like a long conversation or anything like that. It was just, ‘I’m proud of you.’ Got a big hug, and then it was go-time from there.”
At SummerSlam, Mahal was pinned by Drew McIntyre. Mahal and McIntyre’s rivalry reached boiling point at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view last month, when Mahal took McIntyre out, during the ladder match.
Ahead of his match at The Biggest Party of the Summer, Mahal responded to criticisms of his WWE Championship reign, comparing his title run with McIntyre’s.
Transcription via Sportskeeda Wrestling.
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns Plans Revealed, William Regal WWE Return Update, Major WWE India Show – News Bulletin – November 28, 2022
- CM Punk “S**t The Bed” Putting AEW Into “Freefall” Claims WWE Hall of Famer
- Real Reason Why Roman Reigns Didn’t Have Red Gear For Survivor Series WarGames
- Former WWE Star Criticizes Aspect Of AEW TV For Being ‘A Bit Much’
- Details On New WWE Tryout This Week
- Triple H Reveals Scrapped Plans For Celebrity Appearance At Survivor Series