Last week, the wrestling world was shocked with the truly heart-breaking news that former WWE star Shad Gaspard had passed away. Shad was tragically caught in a riptide in California, and instructed lifeguards to save his son before being taken under by a large wave.
Those that knew Shad, have said that his final act epitomised just how wonderful of a father and how selfless of a human being he truly was.
While many current and former WWE stars, all who knew and worked with Shad, have taken to social media to share their thoughts and stories, arguably the most heart-wrenching has come from Gaspard’s tag team partner, JTG.
Taking to Twitter, JTG shared the following message, breaking his silence following the tragic passing of his friend and former Cryme Tyme tag partner:
I want t say thank you to all the friends, fans and family who reached out to me and Shad’s family during this difficlt time. The outpour of love and support has definitey helped me get through this. I have my moments where I’m in disbelief and feeling a tremendous amount of hurt but as soon as I start to reminisce about Shad and our relationship I begin tro smile. I have tons of memories of Shad and I just us chilling for no reason and having a great time, enjoying eachother’s energy, working out together, travelling the world together.
Laughing about inside jokes that nobody around knew about, doing ebidles after a show then binge eating at Red Lobster, and our favourite roasting eachother relentlessly. The relationship that I and Shad has comes along once in a lifetime. If you have a friend or a loved one that you’re close to, always try to make an effort to let them know how much you appreciate them. Tomorrow is never promised.
Shad and I always expressed how much we appreciated eachother in eachother’s lives and then following it up with a good ole fashion roast… just to balance things out.
Shad. Thak you for always being there for me. You were more than my tag team partner, more than a friend you were the big borhter I always wanted growing up. The world will remember you for what you are. A HERO.
— JTG ( JAY THA GAWD ) (@Jtg1284) May 24, 2020
At this incredibly difficult time, WrestleTalk would like to once again extent our best wishes to the friends and family of Shad Gaspard, as well as the friends and family of Larry Csonka and Hana Kimura at this incredibly challenging and heart-breaking time.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London
- Retiring AEW Name Thanks Company For ‘Beautiful Ending’