Former WWE star Kairi Sane, now going by simply KAIRI made a massive return at STARDOM’s World Climax this weekend in her first in-ring action since leaving WWE.
Unfortunately, after her first return to singles action against Starlight Kid where she picked up the win with a big, diving elbow drop, KAIRI gave an interview where she strained to hear and reported she had picked up a ruptured eardrum during the match, saying:
“My eardrum [is] ruptured right now, so I can’t hear…. Each move had weight, and I was on fire during the fight. She was a different person from the previous [Starlight] Kid. My eardrum was torn, but I was happy, or rather, the pain made me happy.”
Previously at the event, Kairi successfully teamed with Mayu Iwatani to score a win over Tam Nakano and Unagi Sayaka.
KAIRI had previously worked for the Stardom promotion for over five years before signing with WWE where she went on to win the 2017 Mae Young Classic, NXT Women’s Championship as well as the Women’s Tag Team Championships along with Kabuki Warriors partner, Asuka.
— スターダム✪STARDOM (@wwr_stardom) March 27, 2022
Transcription via WrestlingInc
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- AEW Backstage Reaction To CM Punk Instagram Post