It’s a week for the free agents, as we now know both Johnny Gargano and former NXT Women’s Champion Kairi Sane are no longer under contract with WWE after their contracts expired.
Unlike Gargano, Sane hasn’t been an active in-ring competitor for some time, with her final match coming on July 20, 2020 against Bayley on Raw.
Instead, Sane has been working as an ambassador for WWE in her native Japan, but in the past week removed “WWE” from certain social media handles, and teased an in-ring return.
Dave Meltzer confirmed Sane’s free agent status in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, and noted she was offered a new contract, but she declined to sign. Meltzer writes she didn’t want to live in the US.
A large part of Sane’s decision to return to Japan in 2020 was to be with her husband, who she married shortly before she returned to Japan.
Her last “on-screen” appearance came at the Hell in a Cell PPV earlier this year, when she provided Japanese commentary.
As she wants to stay in Japan, she may be eyeing a return to STARDOM, where she spent six years before she signed for WWE in 2017.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors