Keith Lee has posted a video, opening up about the reason for his hiatus and absence from WWE TV earlier this year.
On the July 19 episode of Raw, Keith Lee returned to action after over 5 months away from the ring. Lee has now emotionally discussed his absence, confirming that he was off TV for medical reasons.
Lee began the video by thanking his fiancé, Mia Yim, for all of her support over the last few months. Lee noted that he had tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this year, and she only tested positive, causing her to miss her Royal Rumble match, after choosing to take care of him.
Lee recalled returning to the ring in February for one match, before being called by his doctor about irregularities with his blood. Explaining that he had inflammation in his heart, Lee stated that he was essentially forbidden from training.
Lee noted that at one point, it wasn’t clear if he’d ever be able to return to the ring, but over time, inflammation surrounding his heart dropped to “normal” levels, so he was cleared to resume training.
Here is the video:
Since July 19, Lee has wrestled three televised matches, and one dark contest. Lee most recently faced Austin Theory before the August 6 episode of SmackDown.
We here at WrestleTalk are glad Lee has recovered, and wish him the best going forward.
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns Plans Revealed, William Regal WWE Return Update, Major WWE India Show – News Bulletin – November 28, 2022
- CM Punk “S**t The Bed” Putting AEW Into “Freefall” Claims WWE Hall of Famer
- Real Reason Why Roman Reigns Didn’t Have Red Gear For Survivor Series WarGames
- Former WWE Star Criticizes Aspect Of AEW TV For Being ‘A Bit Much’
- Details On New WWE Tryout This Week
- Triple H Reveals Scrapped Plans For Celebrity Appearance At Survivor Series
- WWE Star’s Emotional Reaction To Triple H Teasing International Event
- AEW Star Reveals Shocking WWE Star He Doesn’t Want To Wrestle