Kenny Omega, the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion, NJPW stalwart and not-Bullet Club member, has taken to Twitter to show his interest in wrestling a certain champion in WWE. And it’s not who you’d expect.
A fan tweeted stating how impressed he’d been with current WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy, comparing him to Kenny Omega. Omega then responded to the fan, indicating his interest in doing battle with the champion.
I did the weight drop thing just like Buddy for my chance. I’d love for him to get back to where he’s comfortable and face him at full power.
— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) November 8, 2018
Murphy himself then got in on the action, echoing his interest in doing battle with the IWGP Heavyweight Champion.
Power is always full! Whether it’s sooner or later, this will happen!! Let’s do it! https://t.co/bsBmEBQl4p
— Buddy Matthews (@SNM_Buddy) November 8, 2018
Once again, the Twitterverse has shown me a match I didn’t know I wanted until now. There’s no doubt with Murphy’s huge improvements in recent times and Omega’s years of experience behind him, the two would put on a stellar encounter.
Where would this hypothetical encounter take place? In a WWE ring? Could Murphy jump ship to NJPW? WrestleMania? Wrestle Kingdom? Who can say. But either way, if this match does happen at some point, there’s no doubt it would be a great one.
Would you like to see Murphy vs Omega? Let us know in the comments, on Twitter or on Discord today!
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- KSI Addresses Possibility Of A WWE Future