Former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi went public with some serious allegations against New Japan Pro Wrestling management earlier this year.
NJPW officially addressed a ‘severe disagreement’ the two sides had in May, with it being announced that Ibushi would receive a penalty for an appearance that breached his NJPW contract, and an official who allegedly harassed Ibushi to also receive a penalty.
Dave Meltzer reported last month that the issues between the two sides, while not truly settled, had ‘calmed down’ between the two sides.
In an update in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Meltzer noted that the talent in the company believe that Ibushi is not coming back and is done with company, though nothing from Ibushi’s side has been said.
For whatever this is worth, the talent believes that Kota Ibushi is not coming back. We haven’t heard anything from the Ibushi side on this
Kota Ibushi recently teased a possible AEW run and Golden Lovers reunion with Kenny Omega.
Ibushi has been out of action since the G1 Climax 31 final last year due to a shoulder injury.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39