For many years, Kris Statlander was AEW’s resident alien, and it’s not weird to say that, because this is professional wrestling and sentences like that just make sense.
However, she recently decided she didn’t want to be an alien anymore, and has instead moved to her “more than a woman” gimmick.
Speaking to SteelChair Mag, Statlander revealed why she made the decision to change her gimmick. She said:
“Presenting myself differently was something that I wanted to do, it was 100 percent my decision. I felt like as many opportunities as I may have been getting, I was never really being fully taken seriously. I wasn’t sure what was holding me back, maybe it was because I was too fun, too lovable, I guess, too goofy and easygoing.
“As I said, I know my potential and I know how much more I have to offer. If I wasn’t given the opportunity to show everything that I can, presenting myself in that other way, then maybe a new look, a new perspective will grab the attention of the people that really need to see it and we’ll finally kind of flip the switch in their mind and be like, ‘oh she’s actually someone not to be messed.’ I got tired of people looking down on me and making fun of me and being like, ‘oh she’s too nice,’ and stuff like, ‘oh you can take advantage of her,’ which has happened with my former friendships multiple times.
“I’m just here to show that you can’t walk all over me, I’m not just some fun little quirky alien. Being ‘more than a woman’ alludes to being different and that’s really what I’m all about, just being okay with being different but in a more serious way.”
Statlander was a last-minute replacement for Hikaru Shida in the AEW Women’s Owen Hart Tournament, and defeated Red Velvet on Rampage last week to book herself a match with Ruby Soho in the semi-final, with a match with either Toni Storm or Britt Baker at stake.
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Bianca Belair Reveals Scary Situation With A Fan From Recent WWE Show
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022