WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle has called out Triple H for his part in the ending of the 2017 Survivor Series men’s match.
In the match, the veteran Triple H put himself over at the expense of many of the show’s younger talent, including Braun Strowman.
Discussing the match on his podcast, Angle spoke about how he believed that the match was booked in such a way that nobody mattered except the Cerebral Assassin:
“Yes [2017 men’s Survivor Series match turned into the ‘Triple H’ show] and I didn’t agree with that, especially making Braun [Strowman] look like a complete a**hole. I’m not sure what they were trying to accomplish at that point.
“I know that Triple H wanted to get the win, I understand that but the way they did that just made it look like, you know, nobody else mattered but Triple H and that’s not what you wanna do with talent that you’re building.
“They could have done it a different way [build to Angle & HHH being mixed tag at WrestleMania 34]. I just don’t think they should’ve let Braun Strowman hang there high and dry.
“It was a decent match. It wasn’t great, it wasn’t awesome, it was just a good match. It’s not gonna be memorable, nobody’s gonna remember this years from now. It was just a decent match. Nobody was excited, nobody was high-fiving each other. It was just handshake, good match.
“It was used to help build the match [with] Ronda [Rousey], myself and Triple H and Stephanie [McMahon] so, I understand why they planted the seed. I just don’t agree with what they did with Braun there.
“I understand him giving me the Pedigree, screwing me over and screw me over with the win against Shane [McMahon], that made sense but the thing with Braun Strowman of him hanging there high and dry just made him look like an idiot.”
For more wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of PostWrestling.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Shocking WWE Tag Team Split
- NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez Announces Mystery Partner Is…
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’
- NXT Star References Recent Twitter Beef With Main Roster WWE Star On TV
- NJPW & IMPACT Wrestling Announce Huge Crossover Show
- WWE Raw Viewership & Demo Rating Decrease For February 6 Episode
- NXT Star Freaks Out After Interaction With Ava Raine
- Another Anoa’i Family Member Pitched For WWE Bloodline Faction
- Big Return On WWE NXT
- Wes Lee Reveals What He Would Like To Incorporate In His Wrestling