WWE Hall of Famer wrestled his last match at WrestleMania 35 in New York back in 2019.
Angle was defeated by Baron Corbin in a match that was considered controversial by the fans, who believed Corbin was the wrong opponent for Angle’s last match.
Despite wrestling until 2019, Angle has spoken about feeling like he was done back in 2015.
Speaking to Sportskeeda, Angle credited his TNA World Championship match with current WWE star Bobby Lashley as giving him the confidence to continue wrestling.
“This was late in my career, this was when I was 47, 48 … I was getting older and I was worried about losing a step.
“I had this incredible match for the world championship with Bobby Lashley and it built my confidence to continue on, and that’s when I made my return to the WWE.”
Angle returned to WWE back in 2017, where he served as the Raw General Manager until his retirement in 2019.
Angle is set to make his return to WWE television in his hometown of Pittsburgh on next week’s episode of SmackDown.
WWE is set to hold a birthday celebration for the WWE Hall of Famer.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Bray Wyatt Opens Up About What Undertaker Told Him At WWE Raw 30
- Big Name Set To Appear On SmackDown January 27
- WWE Legend Aims Expletive-Filled Rant At The Rock
- AEW Star Reportedly Out Of Action Due To Injury
- Report: Unadvertised Names Travelling To WWE Royal Rumble
- SmackDown Star Teases ‘Extreme’ Character Change
- Big Change To The SmackDown Tag Title Contenders Tournament
- Top WWE Star Declares For The Men’s Royal Rumble Match
- Sami Zayn On The Possibility Of Headlining WrestleMania 39 Against Roman Reigns
- WWE Raises WrestleMania 39 Sign At AlamoDome Ahead Of Royal Rumble