Kyle O’Reilly may have had his last match in NXT tonight, and it was a loss in a steel cage match to Von Wagner.
Following reports that his contract was due to expire by the end of this week, it looks like O’Reilly has done the traditional thing of putting over someone WWE thinks could be a big star on his way out.
Upon the rebranding of NXT, Kyle O’Reilly was put in a mis-match tag team with Von Wagner, to establish Wagner on TV.
At WarGames this past Sunday, O’Reilly and Wagner were unsuccessful in challenging Imperium for the NXT Tag Team Title, which prompted Wagner to turn on O’Reilly.
What followed was a steel cage match between the two men to open tonight’s NXT 2.0.
As you can tell by the headline of this story, it was Wagner who picked up the win tonight, and he did it rather decisively – although he did use a low blow to set up his finish.
After the match, Wagner continued to attack O’Reilly, including slamming the cage door into his face while he was draped over the ropes.
Is that all she wrote for O’Reilly in NXT? It sure seems like it.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About