Lana has opened up about her struggles when her husband Miro (Rusev) was released by WWE in the midst of the pandemic.
Lana was released by WWE last month, almost 14 months after Miro’s departure in April 2020. She has admitted that she found life a lot more difficult following her husband’s WWE release.
Speaking on Talk is Jericho, the former WWE star explained that she was surprised that Miro left before she did. Arguing that WWE presents male wrestlers as more important than female competitors, Lana said:
“Honestly, when Miro got let go, for me personally it was harder when Miro got let go. Just in general. I was a lot more depressed, I was a lot more sad… That f***** me up.
“First of all I was shook. Never in a million years did I think he would be fired before me. And that place makes you feel that way. That place makes you feel that men are more important than women. That place makes you feel that way especially if you are a manager or a valet, you’re secondary. And maybe you are secondary, but I do feel like I was a big part of his success. And I feel like I’m a big part of his success behind closed doors, in AEW. And I can talk about that now.”
Following Miro’s release, Lana established herself on the Raw women’s roster. She challenged for the Raw Women’s and WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships before her eventual release.
You can listen to the whole podcast right here.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?