In an exclusive interview with WrestleTalk, Lance Archer said that he’d be in favor of All Elite Wrestling (AEW) introducing a new championship that was exclusive to the promotion’s bigger wrestlers.
When asked about the possibility of AEW introducing a Super Heavyweight Championship, Archer said that he’d “be all game for it”, explaining:
“As one of those big hosses, I’d be all game for it. You never know, obviously the show is expanding, we get a second show starting in August called Rampage, and everything’s going to be moving forward in a good way, especially if the world continues to get better and move forward. They’re gonna see more chances and opportunities for big hosses like myself, Will Hobbs, Brian Cage, and all the guys I mentioned before to possibly throw down. I think it’d be a cool thing, to have a Hoss Title. Make it a giant huge belt of some sort, or just jokingly make it a really tiny belt.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please link to this page and embed the video interview
During the same interview, Lance Archer opened up about his memories of Brodie Lee and the touching tribute gear he wore at the Celebration of Life show last year, which you can read more about by clicking here.
Keep an eye on our exclusives page as we’ll be posting more stories from the interview in the coming days.
Lance Archer challenges Miro for the TNT Championship on at Double Or Nothing on May 30, which is available on pay-per-view in the US and FITE internationally.
You can watch the full interview here:
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE SmackDown Segment’s Staggering Numbers Smash Social Media Records