Following reports that John Cena will be shooting a movie in August, an update surrounding his potential WWE return has emerged.
Numerous sources have previously reported that Cena will headline SummerSlam 2021 against Roman Reigns. Since then, it has been announced that Cena will be filming “Argylle” in Europe come August, which potentially put WWE return plans in jeopardy.
In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was noted that John Cena vs Roman Reigns is locked in for the main event of SummerSlam.
It was speculated that Cena could begin filming after August 21, or have a break from shooting for The Biggest Party of the Summer.
Cena has recently confirmed that he will return to WWE, it’s just a matter of when. He hasn’t wrestled since his Firefly Fun House match against The Fiend at WrestleMania 36.
Reigns defends his Universal Championship against Edge at Money in the Bank. The July 18 pay-per-view will be the first to feature a live crowd since WrestleMania 37.
- WWE Star Injured Indefinitely, Pulled From Big Match
- New WWE Faction Member Revealed
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement
- WWE Star Debuts With New Ring Name
- Insane Cody Rhodes WWE Record Revealed
- Interesting Cody Rhodes WWE Raw Detail Revealed
- Potential Big Change To WWE Event Schedule Revealed
- WWE Star Replaced By CM Punk
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- New Role For WWE Star Seemingly Revealed