The Forbidden Door is set to officially open between AEW and NJPW next month, when the two companies host the ‘Forbidden Door’ event in Chicago.
However, this will be far from the only forbidden door action this year. Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that New Japan Pro Wrestling is starting to see American talent travel over to Japan, and vice versa.
Fightful has been told that although that’s the case, there is a “logjam” of wrestlers based in the United States that had been trying to go over there, including several AEW wrestlers who have never performed in New Japan Pro Wrestling before. Over the past two years, they’ve been told that NJPW wasn’t bringing in anyone from the US for a while, including US based wrestlers that NJPW has contracted.
Those that have inquired were told to ‘hang tight’ in a sense during a lot of the pandemic, and several were assured things would be back to normal soon.
Fightful was also told that there were some highly sought after free agents over the past few years that had hoped to come over to NJPW, but the company wasn’t in the position to make it happen at that point.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE Star AJ Styles Used For Bizarre Colonoscopy Billboard