The Forbidden Door is set to officially open between AEW and NJPW next month, when the two companies host the ‘Forbidden Door’ event in Chicago.
However, this will be far from the only forbidden door action this year. Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that New Japan Pro Wrestling is starting to see American talent travel over to Japan, and vice versa.
Fightful has been told that although that’s the case, there is a “logjam” of wrestlers based in the United States that had been trying to go over there, including several AEW wrestlers who have never performed in New Japan Pro Wrestling before. Over the past two years, they’ve been told that NJPW wasn’t bringing in anyone from the US for a while, including US based wrestlers that NJPW has contracted.
Those that have inquired were told to ‘hang tight’ in a sense during a lot of the pandemic, and several were assured things would be back to normal soon.
Fightful was also told that there were some highly sought after free agents over the past few years that had hoped to come over to NJPW, but the company wasn’t in the position to make it happen at that point.
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?