New Japan Pro Wrestling star Will Ospreay has spoken about his current career trajectory, and whether he hopes to one day sign with WWE.
Speaking to the Wresthings podcast, Ospreay confessed that he has no desire to sign with WWE, as he is happy with his current life and doesn’t want to be the ‘big star’.
“I have no aspirations of going to WWE, at all. It’s not because of the product or anything, I’m not a fan of it, I will happily say, but my lifestyle, I never wanted to be the big star pro wrestler. Japan allows me to do a tour and come home and live my family life. If anybody has ever spent more than a couple of days with me, family to me is everything. I love my mom, I love my dad, no shame in saying it. Love my nan and granddad and will bend over backward and fold myself in half for those guys. If you are part of that friend circle that I consider family, I’ll do the exact same thing. It’s important for me to have those breaks away from wrestling to be able to live that life because one day I wish to be like my dad or granddad or even my mom because they are the people that made me. I want to do that one day. New Japan, for me, is the enhancement and the focus is professional wrestling. I’m not doing storylines where I have this guy slept with my girlfriend or whatever or we have a wedding angle or kidnapped by ninjas. I know, from the outside, I’m a guy that does a lot of flips and whatever, but I’m a wrestler and I like professional wrestling. I don’t mind the odd love triangle angle, but there is nothing better than when the bell rings and there are two guys wrestling and telling wonderful effing stories. The moment the bell rings, you have one of two feelings; that was amazing, can’t wait for the next match. Throughout my time in New Japan, I love the company, inside and outside, that place has done incredible things for me emotionally, mentally, and physically. It’s broken down my body because the matches are extremely difficult, but the boys have looked after me. For that, I have nothing but love for that company,”
Also in the interview, Ospreay spoke about former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega, and how he hopes he stays away from NJPW as he doesn’t like ‘two-faced’ people.
transcription via Fightful
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- WWE Star AJ Styles Used For Bizarre Colonoscopy Billboard
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022