WWE Hall of Famer and AEW Star Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts is staying with AEW.
In a sitdown interview with Diamond Dallas Page, Roberts revealed that he recently signed a two-year deal to stay with All Elite Wrestling. Regarding his AEW debut, Roberts said:
“It inspired me to stay with AEW. Thanks to Tony Khan, when I originally signed with them, it was for a ten-week deal. I eight weeks, the guy comes along with some papers and is like ‘you need to sign these.’ ‘What for?’ ‘It’s your contract.’ ‘Dude, I only have two weeks left.’ ‘No, you have another year.’ A few weeks ago, I buzz Tony and say, ‘I have four weeks left, what do you want me to do?’ Next thing you know, he starts setting up my stuff and says, ‘You need to sign another piece of paper.’ I sign it again and after I signed it, I found it that is wasn’t for a year, it was for two years. He’s such a wonderful man. He gave me my love for wrestling back. It’s great to be part of it.”
Jake Roberts debuted after Revolution 2020, confronting Cody Rhodes. This led to Rhodes’ match against Lance Archer at Double or Nothing 2020.
Quote via Fightful.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo