A major star may be set to make a surprise appearance on this week’s (June 22) episode of AEW Dynamite.
The second AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door event is set to take place this Sunday, which will pay host to the highly anticipated dream match between Bryan Danielson and Kazuchika Okada.
Danielson made the challenge to Okada back at NJPW Dominion earlier this month, with the two yet to go face to face ahead of the show.
That could all be set to change after this week’s Dynamite, as Tony Khan has taken to Twitter to announce that Bryan will call out Okada on Dynamite this week.
While this doesn’t necessarily mean Okada will be present on the show, it’s likely that we could hear that iconic coin drop ahead of the dream match on this week’s show.
Other NJPW stars have been announced for the show, with Minoru Suzuki set to team with Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara against AR Fox, Action Andretti and Darius Martin.
As well as Suzuki, NJPW World Television Champion Zack Sabre Jr is set to team with Daniel Garcia against AEW International Champion Orange Cassidy and ROH Pure Champion Katsuyori Shibata.
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) June 20, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Ex-WWE Star Edge (Adam Copeland) Joins AEW At WrestleDream 2023
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023
- Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Debut Match Opponent & Date Announced
- MJF Addresses Jay White AEW Attack Rumors
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared