As we previously reported, Mickie James recently dropped a casual bomb on the wrestling world, announcing her retirement.
While the announcement seemed to perhaps be a little too casual to be real, Mickie has elaborated in another Tweet and is sharing the rationale why she feels she is likely done with in-ring competition.
After a fan wrote to her that she was too Taking to her Twitter account, James wrote in a reply:
“I appreciate you. Honestly I’ve been so blessed & love my fans so much! I wouldn’t have had all this without you. What is left for me to prove anymore? What else can I do? Id rather bow out screaming “Womens Wrestling Matters” from the top of the mountain than the valley. ♥️”
Mickie James has had a storied career in professional wrestling, best known for being a trailblazer of women’s wrestling and a WWE legend, she has recently performed in the ring for IMPACT.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete