Miro has recalled feeling happy following his WWE release, discussing his final days with the company at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The former AEW TNT Champion was let go by WWE in April 2020, while the company was finding its feet in the pandemic. Speaking on The Kurt Angle Show, Miro revealed that his release came as a relief to him, noting that he was concerned with WWE’s safety protocols surrounding COVID-19.
Stating that he was confident that he could succeed outside WWE, Miro said:
“I was so happy. Like, I kind of lost it for 30 seconds. The whole pandemic thing was happening, and we were just trying to fight for some kind of rights, you know, because it’s not right that we have to fly every week to TV in all these circumstances without anybody caring.
“I just didn’t think it was right. We were in a little group text that got leaked out to the office. Somebody leaked that we were doing this. It’s not even a plot. We’re just talking among ourselves. How can we bring that to the office?
“It leaked out that we were on it, and I think a few days later I was released. I lost it for a little bit because I was more concerned about the health and the safety protocol. I got released, but I was so happy because I knew right away that I’m going to go and do what I know I can do. I never had any doubts how good I am, and if your company doesn’t appreciate me, I’m going to go find a different company that does.”
Miro is currently signed to AEW, most recently wrestling at the Full Gear pay-per-view in November. Miro is currently recovering from a hamstring injury that has kept him out of action since then.
Stay up to date with every AEW injury, and expected return date, using our tracker at this link.
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Backstage Details On Who Knew About Shawn Spears WWE Return
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- TKO Issues New Statement On Vince McMahon WWE Status & Allegations
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests