Major League Wrestling (MLW) has announced the premiere date for their new Lucha Libre series, set to debut in 2022.
Fans will not have to wait too much longer for the mini-series, which will premiere on January 6, 2022 at 8pm ET. The series will air on YouTube and FITE, then will premiere on cable on January 8 for beIN Sports.
The series will feature a number of top luchadors, including AAA Mega Champion El Hijo Del Vikingo, Psycho Clown and Aero Star.
While not officially a continuation of Lucha Underground, MLW Azteca will play host to a number of names fans will recognise from the former, including Luis Fernandez-Gil (fka Lucha Underground’s Dario Cuerto) as Cesar Duran.
Per MLW (via PWInsider):
Major League Wrestling will enter the masked world of Mexican lucha libre as it presents: MLW AZTECA, a stand-alone mini-series, premiering Thursday January 6th at 8pm ET.
Featuring the grandest luchadores of Mexico clashing with Major League Wrestling’s best of the best, MLW matchmaker Cesar Duran presides over the action from sold out arenas in Mexico to underground fight clubs.
“MLW AZTECA is the next chapter in our on-going anthology series, and it will take MLW, its wrestlers and our fans to a very different and thrilling setting,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off